Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Children

 Little one little one  

never any more

playing by the sea side

never by the shore

smiling little laughter

grin from ear to ear

growing very faster

growing year to year


The end result.

Little one, little one, how my heart does sing

Watching you play by the sea, your joyous laughter ringing

I wish that I could keep you little, always by my side

But time marches on and you grow, like the changing tide


Your smile, oh your smile, it lights up the world

With every passing year, more beauty it unfurls

Though it brings a tear to my eye, to see you growing so fast

I am grateful for every moment, for every memory that will last


Little one, little one, my love for you will never wane

As you journey through life, may happiness be your constant refrain

Never forget the simple joys, the moments by the shore

And know that in my heart, you will always be adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment